042311 Introducing Vivian! (and More wireless Ipad tethering)

Well I finally have a baby to hold! And I couldn't be more happy.

Vivian Elise Viltrakis

I'll tell you all about how the ipad's wireless tethering feature has been ridiculously beneficial in sharing the news of our daughter with friends and family, but first let me tell you about Vivian!

The morning of her birth i got up early and photographed all the spring flowers just blooming in the front yard so we could make prints and canvas wraps to decorate her room. I even photographed the morning dew.




(Vivian at 9:00 am!)

Then Terri and I took a few last maternity photos to remember it by and nervously headed to the hospital. :)

Then after a few hours of dazed craziness...

(Vivian 1:45 pm!!!)

We had a perfect baby girl!

Naturally I had my camera and I didn't want to leave Terri and Vivian at all...

But I know how anxious people are about news so, while we were in the recovery room Terri and I used the Ipad and Eye-fi card [LINK] to make a gallery of images for the relatives to crowd around while they wait of their turn to see our little girl in person!

It was a smash! I'm lucky it didn't break from tear damage. Another benefit of the ipad's wireless capabilities with Shutter Snitch (the software that is the "landing pad" and display for the images). It is simple to email single or groups of photos right from the gallery!

Now every time we have guests visit they can see all of the sorted images from the last few days and email the ones they want. It's a brilliant Point of Sale opportunity! The Ipad allows everyone to share in the sharing!

In the mean time I've been photographing her first week like it was a wedding. :)

I've also had some time off to play with these new fangled filtery-doo-hinkeys.


I like to record video of her waking up with the 7D. It's always amazing. :)

Mother Theresa and I had the fortune of attempting a photo shoot on Viv's 5th day (which turned out to be the only nice day since we got home from the hospital). Very fortunate!

Let the embarrassing photo ops used to scare off future boyfriends commence!

2 comments:

Pol said...

She is too sweet for words!
(ps love the last photo :))

Karen(: said...

You two had a beautiful baby! She's adorable! All the teachers keep talking about how cute she is at school ^_^